Practice News Story 3: Crime
During the night of Jan. 29 and Jan. 30, a local church of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints was broken into on 1600 east and 900 north. The building manager, Robert Knotz was doing his daily routine when he discovered that a window had been left open and the main doors were unlocked. After checking on the room that was the office of Bishop Lawrence Shirk, two computer processing units (CPU) were found missing.
Sheriff Deputy Geoffrey Hasty felt that juveniles possibly committed this crime. They had to have come through the window and opened one of the doors to let someone else in. The possible suspects are unknown to the city law enforcement.
Bishop Lawrence Shirk was contacted this morning around 7:30 p.m. in regards to the break-in. Bishop Shirk mentioned that he left the window open during the night when he was in a hurry to leave for the night. He said, “I feel horrible that this happened . . . I’m relieved the only damage was a couple CPU’s were taken.”
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Sean ~ Good job on the crime story! You used wonderful description, put some really good infomation in, and also included some great quotes! Wonderful Work!
Good Job, you had great use of quotes, especially at the end. You got all the info in, and it flowed nicely, the only thing I would mention is that you said the manager was the one that noticed windows open and doors unlocked, I would probably direct that towards the sheriff, the manager just walked in and saw the monitors on the floor and thats when he called the cops. But thats just something minor that I noticed, other than that it was a really good story!!
Post a Comment